Date: 26.7.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 495
Writingsolutions.web.fc2.com #Homework application

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Homework application

Homework application

Mar/Mon/2018 | Uncategorized

What s On My iPhone: TOP 10 APPS FOR STUDYING!

Comment below your favourite apps for studying and making school life easier! Check out my favourite apps for studying below!

The Homework App

Homework application

Order Essay from Experienced Writers with Ease -
The Homework App on the App Store - iTunes - Apple

A Resume for the Modern Art Teacher. If you read this article a while back, you may be thinking, #8220;Can I really pull off a trendy resume like that?#8221; It#8217;s important to strike a balance between professionalism and creativity. When I saw this resume by Kassie, I was blown away! To me, this resume is unique enough to stand out in the crowd, but easy to read and informative for the administrator who is accustomed to homework, the traditional resume. Click on poetry essays this sample to application, see the details, and thanks, Kassie, for sharing. My favorite part? The fact that it all fits on one page. I always value simplicity (if you can squeeze it all in). Practice? I hope it inspires you to homework application, revamp your resume to stand out in an essay the pile.

You just never know what opportunities may come about! Is your resume in homework need of some serious updating? Psstt. Come back tomorrow for some job interview tips! Jessica Balsley is the Founder and President at AOE.

She is passionate about helping art teachers enhance their lives and deductive statement, careers through relevant professional development. Course Recommendations for homework application Blossoming Art Teachers. Resume vs. What Makes An Essay? Curriculum Vitae: An Art Teacher’s Guide. The Art Teacher’s Ultimate Guide to application, Getting Hired. I wish I was brave enough for a resume like this. I just don#8217;t want to statement for pro, get passed up by a traditionalist principal. I have been using the homework application same resume format for 3 years and I am so bored with it#8230;but I don#8217;t know how to make it more functional and thesis life essay, fit more info. Plus, I still like it traditional. Any more traditional examples?

One creative way to take a traditional resume and give it a little #8216;flair#8217; without all the bells and whistles is to simply add color. Make your name and heading a color, and all of the sub headings below to match. Application? Something this simple might just do the trick for you. Practice College? It#8217;s all about finding what makes you comfortable and homework application, allows your greatness to shine through. I had a more traditional resume, but I added a sidebar of color that included an image of essay, my own artwork, with my contact info below it instead of in a header. That sounds like a nice balance, Marie! Hi Jessica, I#8217;m an administrator in an elementary school and I LOVE reading your site. This week we have been interviewing over a dozen candidates for a PE job. I know that if we were interviewing for homework application an art position that I would want to interview the candidate with the resume above. Of course I am in a big system in Maryland (more than 130 elementary schools) so everyone has to move through Human Resources before they come to us. In An? But I think if you are trying to get a job as an art teacher, it is application, a FINE thing to show that you are creative and can make a resume that is visually appealing and plays to deductive thesis statement, visual literacy skills.

Keep up the good work! Hi Jennifer- It#8217;s great to hear your perspective as an administrator. Homework Application? Thank you so much for chiming in. You know, I think the times are changing and perhaps sometime soon we will even see the citing essay day when there are no paper resumes and we will use Linked in or something similar. I am a non-traditional 30 yr old Art Education student who is in homework the last student teaching placement of the semester and will be graduating next month. I was in the corporate world before this and am used to sticking to the #8220;boring#8221; professional resumes while my creative heart and soul screamed.

I started subscribing to an essay written, your newsletters and following your FB feed sometime in the fall. I just wanted to say how thankful I am for all of the homework info you post#8230;. especially this resume!! I was reading your recent post about interviewing tips that led me to this post. This is definitely THEE BEST INFO EVER! Kassie has inspired Art Educators everywhere to create a simple, yet very creative and professional, resume. I have sat many times through student teaching and thought to myself, #8220;How am I going to make my resume stand out?! There has to be a way! I#8217;m a talented, experienced, and essays, passionate artist that has a knack for teaching. How do I do what I do best think outside of the box?#8221; I have a graphic design background and knew there had to be solution#8230;. and Kassie has found it.

Thank you so much for application sharing her resume with all of us. It is seriously a lifesaver! I will have to let you know if I land an interview in the coming months! My daughter is in this stage of her life. Makes Written? She wondered how these graphics heavy resumes get past the automatic-resume-scanner-thingies ( my words not hers.). Any one know? Hi Jessica- Do you know what program/template Kassie used to make this resume? I#8217;m not an art teacher, but I LOVE the style she has used here. Homework? Thanks!! You can use anything, really. Pages on your Mac and even Word if you are savvy.

I am a professional resume writer with 20 years experience in recruiting and staffing. The resume you are highlighting is good for personal presentation but would NEVER get through applicant tracking systems. I would not advise using this type of resume for any on line applications. after teaching art for the last 8 years, I am finding myself starting the job search again. as I am updating my resume, I am questioning the length and pertinent information that needs to be included or deleted. Makes An Essay Written? my question is: how far back should I go with information? do i include field experience and observation sites, student teaching from 2004-05 school year, now that I have been teaching in application my own classroom for the last 8 years? Hey Jessica, The difficult part of being super creative is citing name essay, usually the homework person you are interviewing with is not. My fear of making my resume too flashy is description birthday party, not being easy to relate to or navigate. Homework? The example is above is a great in prompts between the corporate world and homework, creative world.

Thank you for deductive statement that. My question would be how much of my non-teaching jobs should be on the resume? I obviously don#8217;t want to highlight them but if I don#8217;t include everything will I be #8220;lying#8221;? Did we ever get an answer about whether principals will be able to open these resumes? I have received great feedback about homework my resume in of a in an person, but I never seem to get interviews when I just email it.

I wonder if something is wrong with it.

Write My Essay Online for Cheap -
The 12 best apps for students: studying, productivity, and homework

oedipus hubris essay by Ed Friedlander M.D. This website collects no information. If you e-mail me, neither your e-mail address nor any other information will ever be passed on to any third party, unless required by law. Homework. I have no sponsors and practice essays prompts do not host paid advertisements. All external links are provided freely to sites that I believe my visitors will find helpful. This page was last modified December 3, 2010. If you are a student assigned to read or see King Lear , or an adult approaching it for the first time, your experience will be special. These notes will help you get started. Geoffrey of Monmouth (History of the homework application English Kings, around 1140), who provides our oldest written reference to King Lear (spelled Leir), describes him as a pre-Christian warrior king in what is now southwest England. (Click here to read it yourself.) This area now includes Cornwall (origin of cornish game hens.) Saint Albans (Albany, for which the capital of New York State is named, is farther away.

In the old story remembered by of a Geoffrey, Lear asked his three daughters whether they loved him. Two claimed to do so extravagantly, while the third said she loved him only as a daughter should. Lear disinherited the honest daughter. The story appears elsewhere in application, world folklore; there is an Eastern European version in which the honest daughter says she loves her father as much as she loves salt. Lear went to citing a poem name essay live with his first daughter, bringing a hundred followers. She demanded that he reduce his followers to homework fifty. Lear then went to live with the other daughter, who reduced the number to twenty-five. Lear went back and forth between the daughters until he was alone.

Then the third daughter raised an army, defeated the other two, and restored him to his kingdom. (The story appears in makes written, Holinshed, who adds that Cordelia succeeded her father as monarch and application was deposed by college the sons of her sisters.) This tale about how actions speak louder than words had recently been played on the London stage in The True Chronicle of homework, King Leir. We have seen the essential story once again in the Japanese Ran , and more recently in A Thousand Acres , an intelligent feminist tale, with the two older daughters as incest survivors who have spent their lives cajoling a crazy, abusive father and protecting their youngest sister. A different family problem from the cultures Lear's -- the Fool says the homework application king made his daughters his mothers (disciplinarians) rather than his wives, the rod refers to of a birthday party in an essay a stick for spanking (spare the rod and spoil the child), and in homework, III ii, King Lear calls on the storm to punish the crimes of others that usually go unpunished -- close pent-up guilts -- including incest and perjury but also planning murders and performing elder abuse.) Grigori Kozintsev's 1969 Russian version is called Korol Lir, translated into Russian by practice college essays Boris Pasternak, (a few copies are usually available at amazon.com, and it is now re-released by homework application the BBC). A bit of the fourth act made it into statement for pro essay, the Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour for some reason. Shakespeare has retold the old story as a vehicle for a strikingly modern message. Many people consider King Lear to be his finest work. Whether or not you agree with his vision of a godless universe in which our only hope is to be kind to one another, you will recognize the real beliefs of many (if not most) of your neighbors. To find Shakespeare's intent, look first for: changes in homework, the plot sources made by what makes an essay the author; passages that do not advance the homework application plot or have obvious appeal to the intended audience. Shakespeare took a story that had a happy ending, and gave it a sad ending.

He transformed a fairy-tale about virtuous and wicked people into something morally ambiguous. He took a story of wrongs being righted, and turned it into the story of painful discovery. He included passages that deal with ideas instead of practice prompts, advancing the plot. Lear is application king of Britain. He is an old, highly successful warrior king. (War is an institution that we despise, just as Shakespeare clearly despised it. But before birth control or real personal security, population pressures made war and even genocidal conflict a fact of life.) Like Hamlet and deductive Othello, we are impressed with him because of what others say about his background. Application. (You can find examples. At the other end of the homework play, we will learn that despite his advanced age, he can still kill a young, armed man with his bare hands.) King Lear has decided to retire and to divide his kingdom among his three daughters and description of a birthday essay their husbands. His stated intention is to prevent future conflict.

This is really not very smart, since it actually invites war between the homework application heirs. Shakespeare's audience (having just been spared a civil war following the death of Elizabeth) would have realized this. King Lear has staged a ceremony in of a in an essay, which each daughter will affirm her love for him. Whether this has been rehearsed, or the daughters forewarned, we can only guess. Application. Goneril and Regan may have been embarrassed. Goneril says she loves her father more than she can say. Other Cultures Poetry Essays. King Lear thanks her and homework gives her Third Prize. Practice. Regan says that she loves her father so much that she doesn't like anything else. King Lear thanks her and homework gives her Second Prize. Cordelia says that she loves her father exactly as a daughter should.

King Lear goes ballistic and disinherits her, and other cultures banishes the Earl of homework, Kent for speaking in her defense. First Prize is divided between the other two daughters. You can decide whether King Lear is of a party in an showing early signs of mental illness (as his other daughters think), or whether he just wanted an excuse to give Cordelia the best share of the kingdom and she just spoiled it. Cordelia has been courted by the Duke of Burgundy and the King of France. Burgundy says he will not marry a woman with no property. France is application more clever. He swears that he loves Cordelia, and marries her. This is an obvious plan to make a claim on the British throne, and Shakespeare's audience would have realized this. We'll see the proof later.

France may or may not be sincere in a poem in an, loving Cordelia. We won't know. As the homework basis of thesis, his retirement agreement, King Lear has stipulated that he will live alternately with his daughters, who will support him and 100 followers. When he leaves, Goneril and homework application Regan express their understandable concern about hosting a mentally-imbalanced father and well his personal army. King Lear goes to live with Goneril. The first daughter's steward Oswald yells at homework Lear's jester, and Lear punches the steward. Goneril decides to assert control. When the play is staged, a good director might have Lear's retinue disrespecting Goneril -- whistles, catcalls, lewd remarks, or whatever. Citing Name. Kent returns in disguise to serve Lear, and application we meet the jester (Fool). Thesis Statement Essay. For some reason, just like Kent, the jester is loyal to homework the king. Statement For Pro Essay. A court jester might be a comedian-entertainer, or simply a retarded person kept as an object of amusement.

Lear's jester is application specially privileged to speak the a poem in an essay truth, which he does ironically. Both the king and the jester make reference to the jester being whipped at times -- Ian McKellen makes it clear that this is a joke, with the homework king tapping the face on the jester's mock scepter (bauble / marotte). Thesis For Pro Life Essay. You'll need to decide whether the king has always been kind to the jester, or whether the homework application jester (like Kent) for some reason remains loyal despite past mistreatment. Oswald is rude to Lear, and one of Lear's knights makes an poetry, indignant speech about the king not being cared for properly. (This knight, and all the others, will soon abandon their king.) Lear yells at Oswald, Kent trips Oswald, and a scene ensues in which Goneril demands that Lear reduce the number of his followers -- evidently to homework 50. Goneril (rightly) points out that her own people can care for him just as well. Poetry Essays. (There's a subtlety here. In the original story, the daughters send the knights away, i.e., refuse to pay to support them. However, if you read closely, the application knights are already leaving King Lear, because they can tell what is going to happen.

The king is showing lapses in judgement, and has no way of forcing his daughters to honor their promise to support him. In a time of warlords, soldiers will desert when the leader shows signs of being unable to deductive statement lead and/or guarantee their salaries.) Lear curses Goneril and departs for homework application Regan's. He sends Kent before him, and Goneril sends Oswald. Regan and her husband have gone to visit the Earl of Gloucester, and when Kent and other cultures poetry essays Oswald meet at the Earl's castle, Kent picks a fight and Regan's husband puts him in application, the stocks. This is a serious breach of protocol, and when Lear arrives, he is furious. (Kent's difficult phrase Nothing almost sees miracles but misery, by its context, seems to mean that when things seem to be going really badly, it's common to receive unexpected, seemingly-miraculous help.) Goneril arrives and Lear curses her again. Birthday Party Essay. Regan says she will allow him only 25 followers. Since Lear no longer has a source of income, his followers are leaving en masse anyway, but Lear evidently does not realize this. Lear says he will return to Goneril, but now she will not even allow 25, and homework the daughters re-enact the fairy-tale plot by alternately reducing the numbers, and asking Why do you need even one follower, when we can care for you ourselves? Of course, they are right, but Lear says that he measures his personal worth in terms of his possessions.

Reason not the need! Our basest beggars are in the poorest things superfluous. Practice College Essays. Allow not nature more than nature needs, Man's life is cheap as beast's. Vanities give meaning to life and this is what raises us above the level of animals. King Lear, now alone except for Kent and the jester, starts to cry and runs off as a storm brews. The daughters lock him out of the castle to teach him a lesson. Lecturers who enjoy talking about application The Elizabethan World Picture, in which orders of nature reflect human law and its breakdown, will tell you that the ensuing storm mirrors the citing name in an essay chaos in Britain. The Elizabethans paid lip-service to homework the idea that kings were magic, and birthday in an actually knew that a stable monarchy was better for application everybody than civil war. (Lawful democracy would be devised later.) King Lear yells back at what proves to thesis statement life be a preternaturally severe storm. His whole retinue have abandoned him except the jester, who begs Lear to go apologize to his daughters and seek shelter, and Kent, who sends to Dover, where the French army has landed in expectation of a British civil war. Even though the jester pretends to be foolish, he always knows exactly what is going on, and what's more, he is loyal to homework application the old king.

You'll need to decide for yourself whether this is foolishness or profound wisdom. In the first storm scene, which is difficult, Lear is deductive statement going crazy. He: first calls on the power of the homework application storm to practice college sterilize the human race; then accuses the storm of taking sides with his daughters against his dignity and being their degraded slave; then, realizing that people have deceived him, says the homework application storm must be the gods's way of finding and punishing secret evildoers, and that he is a man more sinned against than sinning; then comments, my wit begins to turn, i.e., he realizes he is going crazy -- in literature, becoming insane is description birthday party essay often a metaphor for changing the way you look at yourself and the world; notices the jester is cold, and comments that he is homework also cold; this is the other cultures first time Lear has been responsive to the needs and concerns of someone else; accepts Kent's suggestion to take shelter in homework application, a hut. Already inside the hut is one of the homeless mentally-ill. The play is probably better if, as it is of a party in an essay sometimes staged, there are several lunatics all ranting together. Application. (This one lunatic is actually a sane man in disguise, seeking refuge from private injustice. The extras who served as knights in the first and second act and who will be in the battle scenes at the end can be the extra lunatics.) When he sees the hut, and before seeing the lunatic(s), King Lear realizes that what is happening to him now is what he has allowed to happen to the poor throughout his reign. Oh, I have taken too little care of this.

He suddenly realizes that his luxuries have been maintained at the expense of college essays prompts, his poorest subjects, and that justice is only now being served on him. When he sees the application lunatic(s), Lear cracks, and says he/they must have given everything to their daughters and thesis for pro been turned out also. But the onset of madness confers a deeper insight. Lear sees in homework, the naked lunatic someone who has taken nothing wrongfully from anyone, and is the essential human being. Saying that unaccommodated man is no more but such a poor, bare, forked animal as thou art, the party in an essay king rips off his clothes. In the third storm scene, King Lear holds a trial of his two daughters, evidently mistaking a stool for homework application Goneril, something else (I've seen a chicken used) for Regan, and so forth. Essays. In one Royal Shakespeare Company production, the king mistook a pillow that the jester was holding for Regan, and stabbed the jester to homework application death through the pillow. The good Earl of Gloucester comes and urges Kent to thesis essay take the king (who has passed out) to Dover, since his daughters' people are planning to kill him. At the end, Kent tells the jester to homework follow Lear.

As often played, Kent discovers the jester to be dead. The jester has no more entrances or lines, and perhaps the same boy-actor played Cordelia and the jester in the original production. You can read more about Robert Armin, the beloved comedian who played Shakespeare's jesters at what makes the time, elsewhere online. Kent and Lear reach Dover and Cordelia, who loves him. Cordelia accompanies an invading French army.

She may not realize this, but sending her is application probably a cynical, no-lose move by the King of France. If his forces win and citing a poem name kill the homework application other heirs, he is of a party in an now also King of homework, Britain. If his forces lose, the heirs will kill Cordelia and he will be rid of a wife who is no longer of any political value. It seems to me that this is why the King of France suddenly had to return to his own country because of other cultures, some sudden business that was more important than conquering England. Application. Uh huh. He has left his wife either to do it for him, or be killed. (Shakespeare's English audience mostly did not like the French.

Obviously Shakespeare couldn't show a conquering French king on his stage. But having the thesis statement king land and then leave suddenly lets Shakespeare make the foreign king look machiavellian. You'll have to decide about this for yourself.) Kent tells a friend that King Lear, in his more lucid moments, is too ashamed to see Cordelia. Homework Application. The king reappears in a field where the of a party Earl of Gloucester lies, his eyes having been gouged out by Regan and her husband. King Lear is now crowned and decorated with weeds and wild flowers. He wavers between hallucinations and accurate perception.

At the same time, he talks about his world, focusing on how fake ordinary human society is. When he coins money, only his royal title makes him other than a counterfeiter. People pretend to be modest and homework application virtuous, but in private are as amoral and dirty-living as animals. The law is concerned with protecting the rich and concealing their misbehavior, not with promoting justice and other cultures fairness. Regan and homework Goneril have played and humored him.

He learned the truth only in the storm. He says that when we are born, we cry that we are come to this great stage of what makes an essay well, fools. Cordelia's people come to homework bring him back to their camp, and they chase him down. We next see King Lear asleep under the care of Cordelia. He awakes, and thinks -- correctly -- that he recognizes her. Description Party. But he thinks that they are both dead. Thou art a soul in bliss, but I am bound upon the wheel of application, fire, that mine own tears do scald like molten lead. Cordelia kneels, Lear tries to do the same (as in statement life, the older play), but Cordelia prevents him.

Lear says he knows he is not in his perfect mind, and that he is bewildered, and that if Cordelia wants him dead he will drink her poison. When Cordelia says she has no cause to be angry, but merely wants to help him, Lear says Pray now, forget and homework forgive. I am old and foolish. King Lear is not about wrongs being righted. Citing A Poem Essay. If Shakespeare were a Hollywood writer, his king might have returned to rulership and (having learned to be sensitive, and that it is all right to cry) become a champion for the poor in his own country and set up a social agency to deal effectively with other dysfunctional families. Application. In contrast to essay the happy ending in the source, Shakespeare has the homework application French army defeated by the British, and Lear and Cordelia are captured. King Lear looks forward to happy time with his daughter in prison, merely laughing at the rest of the well world. As the homework subplot concludes, all the villains are dead, but Cordelia has been hanged in prison. King Lear kills the hangman with his bare hands. He comes onstage, carrying Cordelia's body and howling.

King Lear's surviving heir, Goneril's good husband who is now sole head of the victorious army, returns Lear's royal power, but Lear does not notice. Suddenly uncertain whether she is alive or dead, King Lear bends to examine Cordelia, believes she is alive, and falls dead himself. The good survivors see the passing of deductive, a man who was larger than life. The secondary plot. King Lear's story is paralleled by the story of the Earl of application, Gloucester. We meet him at the beginning, introducing his illegitimate son Edmund with some smutty jokes. We do not need to see Edmund's face to imagine how often this must have happened, and how Edmund's feelings must have been hurt by it. Perhaps this is part of how he got his attitude toward the world. Alone, Edmund soliloquizes that he is as talented and as loved as his legitimate brother Edgar, and that the practice prompts accident of his birth is unjust. He professes allegiance to homework nature rather than law or love, and decides that he will try to gain control of the earldom by removing his father and brother.

Edmund takes a minute to ridicule astrology. We can ask ourselves whether Edmund is simply making fun of superstition, whether he is talking about other poetry self-empowerment like a 1990's person, whether he is disavowing a role for heaven (God, the supernatural, transcendent values, the ideals of religion, whatever) in his life, or whether he is denying their reality altogether. Later, the good Kent will look to the same stars to homework explain the differences in attitude among King Lear's daughters. Edmund forges a letter, deceives his father into believing Edgar has first asked him to help murder Gloucester, then pretends to have been injured by a poem name in an the fleeing Edgar. Gloucester declares Edgar an outlaw and Edmund his heir. Edgar finds refuge among the homeless mentally ill and later meets King Lear there. When France invades, Gloucester talks to Edmund about taking King Lear's side, and Edmund betrays him to Goneril and Regan. Edmund shows Cornwall an homework application, incriminating letter to thesis statement life Regan's husband and homework pretends to be uncertain about whether his father is a traitor. True or not, is Cornwall's cynical reply, it hath made thee Earl of Gloucester. Pretending both moral outrage and the desire to follow proper legal procedure (the form of justice), Regan's husband carves out Gloucester's eyes.

He stomps one eyeball flat on the ground for fun, but is stabbed to cultures death by one of his own horrified servants, who is killed in turn by Regan's backstab. The dying husband calls on Regan for help, but Regan likes Edmund instead. As the scene is often staged, she merely walks off and lets him die. The director may even have her stab Cornwall again herself. Gloucester's servants tend his wounds and Edgar leads him, without revealing who he is, to Dover, where he meets Lear and laments his own foolishness. Application. Then Oswald finds Gloucester and attacks him, but is killed by Edgar, who finds a letter incriminating Goneril for her adultery with Edmund.

During the battle, Edgar finally reveals the truth to Gloucester and the old man dies happy. After the battle, Edgar defeats Edmund in in an, a duel (Albany makes Edmund fight), jealous Goneril poisons Regan and then suicides, the brothers forgive each other, and Edmund's last act is an attempt to do good despite his own [evil] nature. Homework. He calls -- too late -- for Lear's and Cordelia's lives to be spared. The subplot seems to have been inspired by an episode in Sidney's Arcadia about the King of Paphlagonia. Many details match, including the good son persuading the blinded father not to jump to his death off a cliff. Some commentators, including Edgar, have seen Gloucester's physical torture as punishment for what makes an essay well written his sexual sin. Be this as it may, King Lear contains the oldest torture scene that you'll see on the stage. Sensitive Victorians cut it from production. Homework. Even by today's movie standards, it is prompts a shocker.

Since setting up this page, I've heard from a few students that their instructors said Today we consider Edmund admirable but in Shakespeare's time his actions might have made the audience angry. I am not making this up. Evidently Edmund is admirable because he has a grievance and talks about illegitimate sons being discriminated against, and homework application is some kind of nature-worshipper. This overshadows the way he treats everybody around him. An authentic liberal would wish that Edmund had shown a little real kindness to the genuinely needy people on his father's estate -- as King Lear ultimately wishes he had done. Admiring someone primarily for his grievances is the politics of extremism.

Feel free to makes speak up in application, class. Your decent-minded classmates will appreciate it. Themes and Image Patterns. Who is it that can tell me who I am? -- King Lear. The Elizabethans believed, or pretended to believe, that the natural world reflected a hierarchy that mirrored good government and stable monarchy. This is makes an essay well written a common enough idea in homework, old books from various cultures. Even our scientific age talks both about makes an essay written laws of nature and good government through good laws, although of course we know the essential difference. Shakespeare's era contrasted nature and art (i.e., human-made decorations, human-made luxuries and technologies, human-made artistic productions), just as we talk about essential human nature contrasted to culture.

Shakespeare's era also contrasted natural and unnatural behaviors; the latter would include mistreating family members, opposing the government, and homework various sexual activities not intended for procreation. King Lear deals with how children and parents treat each other, whether human society is the product of nature or something we create so as to live better than animals do, and whether human nature is fundamentally selfish or generous. Not surprisingly, you can find various ideas about the relationship between human beings and the natural world. You already know that 57 different animals are mentioned in the play. Lear tells Cordelia that neither human nature nor royal dignity can tolerate the way she has insulted him.

Lear tells the King of France that nature is ashamed to have produced a child like Cordelia, whose lack of practice, love is so contrary to nature. Application. King Lear expects people to thesis be naturally virtuous, in other words, to application tell him the lies he wants to prompts hear. The King of France suggests that Cordelia has a tardiness in nature, i.e., that sometime's it's natural to be inarticulate. France sees nature as the source of application, human frailties, rather than vice. Edmund begins, Thou, Nature, art my goddess. Statement Life Essay. Human law and custom have treated Edmund unfairly because his parents were not married. Edmund intends to homework look out for himself, like an animal. Edmund sees nature as the opposite of human virtue.

Stupid Gloucester, deceived by Edmund, considers Edgar's supposed plot to murder him to be contrary to makes well written nature (unnatural, brutish). Gloucester believes in homework application, astrology. Gloucester thinks that the eclipses, which result from other essays, natural causes, still have unnatural effects, causing the breakdown of human society. Edmund doesn't believe in astrology. Application. He says he was born rough and self-centered, and that the stars had nothing to do with it. Later, Kent believes the stars must account for the inexplicable differences in people's attitudes. Some Elizabethans believed that the stars affected nature as supernatural agents. Others believed that they were powerful natural forces.

Edmund remarks that Edgar's nature is thesis gentle and application naive, and (at the end) that he will do one last good deed in spite of mine own nature. Deductive Thesis. (Do you think that Edmund realized -- for the first time, after the homework deaths of poetry essays, his two girlfriends -- that he COULD be loved, and this made him do something good? Edmund's remark about acting against his nature reminds us of the ongoing scientific and political controversies over how much of an individual's behavior is genetically programmed, how much is learned and conditioned, and homework application how much one is responsible. (Nature vs. nurture; innate vs. cultural, and so forth.) King Lear, thinking of Cordelia's most small fault, laments the way it scrambled his mind (wrenched my frame of nature from its fixed place). King Lear also calls on deductive, nature as a goddess, to punish Goneril with infertility, or else give her a baby that grows up to hate her (a thwart disnatured torment). Lear says as he leaves Goneril's home, I will forget my nature, perhaps meaning he will begin crying again. Gloucester jokes that Edmund is loyal and natural. The latter means both illegitimate, and that he cares for his own flesh-and-blood as a son should.

Regan's husband speaks of Edmund's nature of such deep trust, i.e., his trustworthy character is application inborn. Kent tells the steward that nature disclaims thee; a tailor made thee, ridiculing his unmanliness and his obsequiousness. When Regan pretends to be sick, King Lear remarks that you're not yourself when natural sickness affects you. We are not ourselves when nature, being oppressed, commands the mind to what written suffer with the application body. Thesis For Pro Life. There's a foreshadowing here.

Regan tells King Lear that nature in you stands on the very verge of her confine. Homework Application. In other words, you're getting too old to make your own decisions, and Regan's behavior is only that of a good, natural daughter. We've already seen (allow not nature more than nature needs. ) King Lear says that it is superfluous luxuries that raise us above the natural level of animals. He will soon change his mind. Kent and the other basically good characters see the treatment of Lear and Gloucester as unnatural. Albany says to Goneril, That nature which condemns itself in citing name in an, origin cannot bordered certain in application, itself -- i.e., if you mistreat your own parent, what kind of person must you be? Writers who talk about the Elizabethans believing in cosmic hierarchy and for pro life essay so forth will see a moral warning against application deviating from nature: If you have violated nature by being less than generous to your parent, your self-centeredness will grow and you will become morally worse than an life, animal. King Lear calls on the storm to crack nature's moulds and end the human race. Kent urges King Lear to seek shelter, since man's nature cannot carry the affliction nor the force and the tyranny of the open night's too rough for nature to endure. King Lear, crazy, asks whether Regan's hard-heartedness is the homework result of other cultures, natural disease or chemistry or something perhaps cultural or perhaps supernatural. Is there any cause in nature that makes this hardness?

When Lear falls asleep in the last storm scene, Kent sees his madness as oppressed nature sleeping. Cordelia is said to homework redeem nature from the cultures poetry essays general curse brought by the other two daughters. With people like Cordelia in application, the world, one could not say the human race is makes written generally bad by homework nature. The physician calls sleep our foster-nurse of of a in an, nature. Readers may remember Macbeth, who after committing the unnatural crime of killing a king, becomes an application, insomniac. King Lear, with the insight of madness, decorates himself with wild flowers. You can use these various ideas about what's natural and what's not to develop a good paper. Thomas Hobbes observed that the lives of wild animals and primitive people are mostly nasty, brutish, and short. Despite romantic depictions, it would be hard nowadays to find anyone who would disagree.

Nowadays, most people believe that culture is something that we invent so that we can fall in love, create works of art and music, remember the past, and enjoy a reasonable prospect of good health, personal security, and choosing our own paths through life. If most of practice college essays, us no longer believe that a king's sovereignty mirrors the harmony of a well-run natural world, we can still find fundamental human issues treated in King Lear . King Lear tells Regan that you're not human unless you have more than you need. (Allow not nature more than nature needs. ) Then in the storm, King Lear cries out that only the homework poorest person, who owes nothing to anyone (not even the animals), is citing name essay truly human (. the thing itself.) Which do you think is right? In I.iv., King Lear himself introduces the question, Who am I? in the passage that begins Doth any here know me. and ends with Who is it that can tell me who I am? And if you want to keep it very simple, just notice this. King Lear and the mostly-good characters talk about nature as making us care about one another, especially our own families. Edmund talks about nature as making us care only about ourselves. Who is application right? I can't tell you. You have a lifetime to decide for yourself. Many people approaching King Lear decided Edmund is of a in an their favorite character.

Shakespeare presents characters rather than caricatures, and our sympathies are always divided. Homework. Edmund is charming, clever, clear-headed (when others are not). And we see at the very beginning how hurtfully and thoughtlessly his father has treated him. In keeping with the theme of the play, Edmund decides at the beginning that human nature is fundamentally selfish. And Edmund decides to act accordingly. In our world, such people always present themselves as having style, and in cultures, fact those who pray certain liturgies specifically renounce the glamour of evil. Edmund treats others horribly.

Yet at the end, Edmund finds the application decency he thought he didn't have, and name in an essay tries to do good in homework application, spite of [his] own nature. For Pro Essay. I've seen this sort of thing in real life, and perhaps you have too. There's a good paper right here. Other image clusters in King Lear include clothing / nakedness (are you more yourself with your culture's clothes and the dignity they confer, or naked, owing nothing to homework anyone?), fortune (is what happens to us dumb luck, predestined, or whatever?), justice (many different ideas), and eyeslght / blindness / hallucination (a blinded character and a hallucinating character both perceive things more clearly; the play asks Does human nature make us care only for ourselves, or for others?, our natural eyes may not give us the best answer.) And there's the recurrent theme of nothing . Cordelia can add nothing to poetry her sisters' speeches.

Lear says that nothing is the reward to Cordelia and application Burgundy after Cordelia says nothing. Edmund was reading nothing, so Gloucester says the a poem name in an essay quality of nothing has no need to hide itself, and homework if it's nothing, he won't need his reading glasses. Lear says the jester's jingle is nothing, and statement the jester adds that Lear paid nothing for it. Homework Application. Asked if he can make use of nothing, Lear says again, nothing can come from nothing. The jester calls Lear a zero without a preceding figure, or nothing. Deprived of his identity, Edgard is nothing. The storm makes nothing (should this be knotting?) of essay, Lear's hair. But in the storm, Lear first decides to say nothing, then admires the poor man who owes nothing to application any other creature as the a poem name true human being.

You can find several other examples, including insults of the form You're nothing but. . But King Lear's speech on owing nothing ends the image cluster. Perhaps Shakespeare is telling us that there is much of which we need to divest ourselves before we can find our real selves. What Shakespeare Could Not Say Openly? Meantime, we shall express our darker purposes. -- Lear. You'll need to homework application decide for yourself about what follows. The last lines of the play are puzzling, especially Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say. In Shakespeare's era, custom required that the first and last lines of a scene be given to the highest-ranking character on stage. An Essay. The Quarto gives these to application Albany (who is a duke, outranking an earl). This looks like an editor's attempt to correct what he thought was an error. An Essay Well Written. The Folio gives them to Edgar, who has just been asked to assume the homework kingship by Albany.

Giving Edgar a final word along with Kent and Albany seems right. Thanks to my correspondent Menay D'Ann Wilde of Mrs. Dodson's class at Hirshi High for asking the perfect question: Since Edgar is not coronated, did Shakespeare make a mistake? What do YOU think? Was Shakespeare ignoring a hidebound, classist custom for the ending of other poetry essays, his great tragedy? Albany's a duke and Edgar is king-designate, so who outranks who? Was giving the good king-to-be, Edgar, the last word the best way to end a sad play on application, an upbeat note? Anyway. I think I understand what Edgar is saying.

At the description birthday party in an time of someone's death, Shakespeare's contemporaries (and most of homework application, ours) will tell you that the survivors ought to say some conventional piety. Edgar says, Let's just tell the truth. This happened. This is sad. Shakespeare's England did not afford its citizens the same freedom of, or from, religion that we possess. A few years before King Lear , the playwright Thomas Kyd had literally been tortured for expressing skepticism about orthodox Christianity.

Christopher Marlowe, who Kyd implicated as a fellow-freethinker, escaped a similar fate only by getting murdered in a tavern brawl. Characters in thesis, King Lear often talk about the homework gods (the setting is what an essay written pagan Britain); God is mentioned only once by King Lear, who fantasizes (unrealistically) that he and Cordelia will be allowed to homework live and look at ordinary people without being involved as if we were God's spies. Thesis. Hypocritical Edmund pretends that he's warned Edgar of the homework gods' wrath, King Lear swears by Apollo and Jupiter (and Kent, as a bitter joke, swears by Jupiter's wife Juno), and thesis statement for pro life of course Gloucester says that the gods play with us as boys play with flies, killing us for fun. Edgar says (to Edmund, but for the benefit of the homework simple, good Albany) that the description of a in an essay gods are just, and that Gloucester was punished for an episode of nonmarital sex by having his eyes gouged out. This is obviously NOT justice. In the most puzzling scene in homework, the play, Edgar pretends to escort the makes well blind Gloucester to the white cliffs of application, Dover, where Gloucester intends to jump to of a birthday party in an essay his death. Edgar tells him he is at the summit, Gloucester jumps, and faints. Edgar then changes his accent, waits for his father to application revive, and tells him that God has saved his life miraculously. Of course this is a lie, but it helps Gloucester find emotional peace. Shakespeare changed his source material -- in the original, the son merely talks the description in an father out of application, suicide.

Edmund didn't believe in cultures, astrology, but considered himself a product of nature. Edgar's skeptical expression is kinder but seems even deeper. It seems to me that Shakespeare is saying, as clearly as he can, what many people in homework, his own day must have believed secretly. Description Of A Birthday Party. There is no God. The comforts of religion are make-believe. Nor are we good by nature, or through our laws and customs. The only hope for human beings is application that we can be try to be decent and thesis for pro generous with one another. Whether or not you agree (and I do not), this deepest message explains for homework me why the cosmic tragedy of King Lear still speaks to us so powerfully. To include this page in a bibliography, you may use this format: Friedlander ER (2003) Enjoying King Lear by poetry William Shakespeare Retrieved Dec. 25, 2003 from http://www.pathguy.com/kinglear.htm. For Modern Language Association sticklers, the homework name of the site itself is The Pathology Guy and college essays prompts the Sponsoring Institution or Organization is Ed Friedlander MD.

Nahum Tate adapted King Lear so it would have a happy ending. Restoration themes (Love Conquors All, Virtue is homework Rewarded, etc.) From the same milieu that produced the corny William Dyce painting of thesis statement for pro essay, Lear and homework application his jester enjoying the description party in an countryside. You can find it online here. Kent Richmond of application, Cal State (Long Beach) has prepared a version that replaces the archaic words with modern ones. Makes Written. Looks good; does not dumb the play down. King Lear -- Online Literature; text and some notes. No Fear -- text along with 21st-century English translation. Teri Bannerman -- literature site under construction. Cordelia -- did she stay behind in disguise as King Lear's jester?

Ed says. Yes! Cordelia and the jester never appear onstage at the same time, and the jester disappears without explanation after act III; Other Shakespearean heroines disguise themselves as men, though only in the non-tragedies; King Lear seems to identify the jester and application Cordelia in the last scene (My poor fool is hanged!); Cordelia seems to remember the extreme severity of the storm, and would have saved her enemy's dog that night even if it had bit her (IV.vii)

It's quite playable. Having Cordelia reveal herself at the end of III.vi. is an an essay well written, audience-pleaser. No! It is hard to explain Cordelia's choice of jokes, which run from the application bitter to the off-color to very harsh criticism of the King, and it is hard to explain why Cordelia would want to rub her beloved father's face in his own stupidity; Since my young lady's going into France, sir, the college essays fool has much pined away. No more of that, I have noted it. -- I.iv. The same boy-actor probably played both characters, accounting for their not appearing onstage together. Encyclopedia Brittanica. Homework. It has been difficult for champions of other, Shakespeare's moral and religious orthodoxy to combat the play's great pessimism. Larry A. Brown -- Evangelical and professor of theater, has his thoughts and homework the full texts of the quarto and folio versions. Watch King Lear on video clips:

Ian Holm -- Cordelia with Lear as he re-awakes. Kozintsev's Lear -- Lear after the storm among the homeless mentally-ill. Lawrence Olivier -- after the storm, with Gloucester. Puppet show -- very funny, abbreviated, modern language, produced by four clever young women. Antaeus Company -- the old loon hasn't looked so good in other, some time

Belle Yang -- painting; Love and application Be Silent Shotgun Players -- King Lear with a warning that the plot has been changed. The commentary suggests that this is to promote the what an essay idea, popular for the last few decades in some intellectual circles, that people who seem to be good to others, or trying to be good to homework application others, are all phonies, and a poem essay that only homework application obviously selfish and cruel people are genuine. I am glad I don't believe this. Before the Devil Knows You are Dead features a school performance of King Lear in which the anti-hero's daughter forgets the last line (The oldest hath borne most. We who are young will never see so much, nor live so long.) This proves prophetic, and the movie asks some the same question as the play: Is it simply and obviously true, as one character says, that the world is an evil place? Megan Fox has a line from King Lear tattooed on her back. Korol Lir at name essay Rotten Tomatoes. King Lear shows that great force of application, character is not necessarily wise, rude speech is not necessarily unkind, and madness is in in an essay, some cases a perfectly reasonable response to intolerable conditions..

Christopher Plummer's King Lear is reviewed in the New York Times (you must join): The overall vision of the 'Lear' may be of a godless world. Christopher Plummer's King Lear. The King is Alive the Namibian desert. Edward Bond's Lear (1971) has little to do with Shakespeare's work and is probably the homework application most violent play ever staged. Bond, a left-winger, claimed he wanted to description of a in an essay change society for the better by portraying everyone and everything as sensely cruel. Audiences still left disgusted. The Madness of King George -- mental illness strikes another king of England. Shakespeare's Sonnets. A remarkable sequence even by today's standards. The site author is, like me, committed to making Shakespeare available to everybody, at no cost.

Enjoy. King Lear Parody by Richard Nathan. Brilliant. This essay is actually being offered for application sale by at least three different online sites for students who for whatever reason don't want to write their own papers. There has been no response to my protests. Teachers: Click here to begin your search for online essays intended for would-be plagiarists. Dishonesty was your tragic flaw, kid! Good luck. Plagtracker.com -- a new, free plagiary-catcher service. To the best of my knowledge, all the links on deductive, my literature pages are to free sites. In August 2000, the operator of the large for-profit help-with-homework online Shakespeare site offered to homework buy these pages out for a price in in an essay, the low four figures.

I refused, and the site owner replied that I wish you would just close down the domain and spare everybody from a lot of application, wasted time. A Poem In An. It's a shame. Homework. This site will always remain free, to help everybody enjoy the works that I have, myself, enjoyed so much. Thesis Life Essay. If any of the sites to which I have linked are asking students for their money, please let me know. Oedipus the King -- including something about the tragic hero business.

If you are asked to write about Shakespeare's tragic heroes or their tragic flaw or whatever, help yourself to my skeptical notes on Aristotle. You may find it more rewarding to focus on something at application once more obvious and more profound. Shakespeare (unlike Sophocles) is writing about real-life, flesh-and-blood people (tragic flaws -- nobody always acts smart) who live in citing, an imperfect world (tragic choices). In Shakespeare, our sympathies are usually divided among the characters. For this reason, Aristotle's thoughts on tragedy (i.e., people are imperfect) really seem more useful in discussing Shakespeare than in discussing Sophocles. In my pathology course and homework application here, my advice is the same -- focus on the human beings, the real-life, individual situations. (1) Look at the short story that provided the plot (click here. and notice how Shakespeare has portrayed racism as it really is in our world. Cultures Poetry Essays. Ordinary decent folks (i.e., the Venetian government) care only who a person is and what that person can do. They consider Brabantio a jerk for accepting a person of homework, another race as a friend but not as a son-in-law.

Iago, who for whatever reason has a chip on his shoulder, spews racial venom for his own dark reasons. Practice Essays. Desdemona is originally frightened by someone who looks different, but quickly learns to love that person so that race become indifferent. (2) It is very common for homework special-forces operatives who return to civilian life and/or who try to sustain a marriage to have terrible difficulties. Those who are successful deserve our special admiration. Too many become terribly confused and end up in self-destructive behaviors, both loving and hating. It's one of our world's strangest ironies that romantic love is more treacherous and incomprehensible than war. I'm Ed. I'm an MD, a pathologist in Kansas City, a mainstream Christian. a modernist, a skydiver, an practice college essays, adventure gamer, the world's busiest free internet physician, and homework application a man who still enjoys books and ideas. I hope you like King Lear , and that I've been of some help.

Belief in God -- I do not share King Lear's dark vision, but I understand why others do. Fellow English majors -- Okay, okay, I know the commas are supposed to go inside the description party essay quotation marks and parentheses. This became standard to protect fragile bits of movable type. My practice lets me know I'm the one who's typed a particular document. reset Jan. Homework Application. 30, 2005: Teens: Stay away from a poem name in an, drugs, work yourself extremely hard in class or at homework your trade, play sports if and only if you like it, and get out of abusive relationships by any means. If the grown-ups who support you are difficult, act like you love them even if you're not sure that you do.

It'll help you and them. The best thing anybody can say about name in an you is, That kid likes to work too hard and isn't taking it easy like other young people. Health and homework application friendship. Visitors send me this question from time to time. If being a contemporary American means being focused on thesis for pro life, dirty TV sitcoms, greed, casual sex, big-money sports, shout-and-pout grievance-group politics, televangelism, professional wrestling, crybabies, slot machines, postmodernism, political action committees, and war on drugs profiteering. Homework Application. then the answer is probably Nothing. If a contemporary American can still ask, Is human nature fundamentally kind or selfish? Do our luxuries make us more or less human? If there is no God, do we still have a reason to love one another? -- then the cultures poetry essays answer is maybe that Shakespeare deals with basic human issues. A Thousand Acres.

Click here to see the author's friend, Dr. Ken Savage, do it right. Afterward: A year after setting up this page, I've had over 100,000 visitors and a few hundred thank you's. To be thanked, madam, is to be overpaid. -- Kent. A few correspondents are belligerent, telling me that I'm dogmatic, pretentious, and/or pathetic, but never attempting to explain why. As I've written elsewhere, If you have no case, shout 'hubris!'

I'm very glad to be able to help so many other people enjoy Shakespeare. Health and friendship.

Write My Paper -
MyHomework Student Planner - Android Apps on Google Play

A Guide to Writing A Pastoral Resume. Homework Application? A pastoral resume can be difficult to write and develop. Churches often receive dozens of resumes in party in an, their pastoral search process, and finding the right candidate is a rigorous process. There are several important steps to follow as you prepare for writing a pastoral resume. First, you must remember that a ministry resume is a very different document than a secular resume. Pastoral resumes often include personal information, such as marital and family status, date of homework birth, personal philosophies, and even a family picture. You cannot approach writing a pastoral resume in the same fashion you would a secular resume, because a pastoral resume is structured and developed different from a traditional resume. Birthday Party In An? Because of this structure and application the details involved in writing a pastoral resume, it is often longer than a traditional resume.

On the first page you should include the most pertinent and description of a party in an essay core information – the top of the first page should clearly state your name, and homework application if you have an advanced degree, add your credentials behind your name. Cultures Essays? Many ministry and application pastoral resumes feature a professional headshot, typically placed at the top right of the page. Paul’s first letter to Timothy includes the pastor’s family in the description of the pastor’s qualifications, and as our culture includes the pastor’s wife as a representation of the ministry position, pastoral resumes often feature a family picture. Including a family picture also personalizes your resume. Below your name you should indicate you contact information and biographical information. A significant difference between a secular resume and a ministry resume is the practice college prompts, inclusion of application personal details. Some of these details include marital status, family details, date of cultures essays birth, and even how long you have been married. Especially from a secular point of homework view, and living in a very politically correct society, these details may seem inappropriate or irrelevant, but Scripture has very specific requirements for pastors; including physical maturity, spiritual maturity, and leadership in his marriage and parenting. Next, although optional, many pastoral resumes include a personal statement, consisting of ministry objectives, ambitions, or a short summary of your ministry accomplishments. This should be succinct and set you apart as the practice prompts, candidate for the position. The second section in writing a pastoral resume is your educational information.

You should clearly indicate both your degree and application the institution you received your degree at. Especially in ministry positions, your educational institution will certainly affect your potential hiring as it reflects the quality of your theological training. Thesis Statement Life? Education also impacts your doctrinal positions and teaching within the church you are hired at. You should list your most recent degree earned first, which is typically your highest degree. Homework? The third section when writing a pastoral resume should be your ministry experience. In the case of deductive someone beginning in ministry, list any ministry experience, including volunteer ministries and academic internships.

For pastors or ministers without significant of lengthy ministry experience, or who have worked bi-vocationally, it may be important to homework application, list experience in the secular field as well, always listing the most recent employment first. Human Resource professionals tend to recommend that in college, describing your ministry responsibilities, you place the focus on accomplishments and activities, rather than job elements or responsibilities . This informs the reader not only of what your responsibilities are, but also of the results of your ministries. Although you want to balance humility with describing your accomplishments, your resume is where you showcase your skills and talents. The fourth section of your pastoral resume is where all semblance of a traditional resume disappears. Your ministry philosophy is homework often attached separately, or included on deductive thesis statement, a separate page. Ministry philosophies are typically broken down into several sections, such as: Conversion and Call to homework, Ministry. Philosophy of of a birthday in an essay Preaching and homework application Teaching.

Philosophy of Leadership. Cultures? Philosophy of Counseling. Each of homework your philosophies should be succinct, yet detailed, and if appropriate, should include Scriptural references. These are all important sections, are churches want to know, and frankly have a right to prompts, know, how you will teach, lead, and application counsel. Practice College Essays? Be sure to personalize these statements. Finally, your pastoral resume should include your doctrinal positions. You may list that your doctrinal positions align with a published doctrinal statement within the denomination you are applying within, but a pastoral resume should always include a description of homework your doctrinal positions: churches want to know what you personally believe and will teach in their church.

Do not make the mistake of trusting another’s references. Only list Scripture references you have personally researched and agree with in their application. There are a few more details that are important not to overlook when writing a pastoral resume. Often times, search committees and churches may dismiss a resume due to a lack of details or information. You resume should reflect not only description of a birthday party in an essay your professional and ministry accomplishments, but also your personality. Homework Application? If you print off your resume to send it to a church, staple your resume or paperclip the document. Thesis For Pro Life Essay? This is an easy step to ensure that the pages are not separated. Homework Application? An important tip to description party essay, consider is to insert your first and homework application last name, as well as page numbers, in the footer of your resume, in statement for pro essay, case the pages of your resume are separated.

Do not use graphics, pictures, or excessive colors in your resume. Homework? Your formatting should be simple and elegant, subtle and not obtrusive. Consider using heavier paper or paper designed for resumes. A contemporary trend is to make references available upon request. These may be included on a separate sheet; this reduces clutter on your resume and separates them somewhat from the rest of your resume. Your references should be relevant; pastors or ministry leaders you have served under, seminary professors you have studied with, or other ministry related references. If at all possible, your references should not be family members or close friends. Be sure to ask your reference if they can be listed as a reliable reference before including them on your list, and ask them directly if they can give you a positive reference.

Finally, consider including a cover letter with your ministry or pastoral resume. A cover letter is an excellent opportunity to explain some of your qualifications, skills, talents, and experience, in a less formal manner than in essays prompts, your resume. Your cover letter should be written well and signed personally. Homework? Copyright #x000A9; 2017 Pastoral Resume | Reproduction of content on this website, in part or in deductive thesis statement, whole, is strictly prohibited | Log in.

Write my essay -
ClassTrak - The best way to manage homework | ClassTrak

How to homework, Write an Appeal Letter for Schengen Visa Refusal and Get It Approved in 2 Days. Learn how to statement, write an appeal letter for a denied or rejected Schengen visa and get your visa approved in 2 days. Includes tips and application tricks that work! So your Schengen visa was rejected and you want to appeal? I have already written how you can file an appeal against a denied Schengen visa. Your next question is probably: How do I actually write an practice college essays prompts, appeal letter? There are different ways to write an appeal letter. In this post I will show you how I write an appeal letter that works. Although there are equally many reasons for homework being denied a visa, the format for writing an appeal letter remains standard. At least for me.

If you’ve read my previous post, I have been denied a Schengen visa before and party in an so was my sister. Homework? But we got our Schengen visas approved in the end. What did we do? We wrote an appeal letter. My sister even got hers approved within 2 days of emailing the appeal.

I’ll show you what to write and what well written how to write an effective appeal letter. How to homework, Write an Appeal for Schengen Visa Refusal that works. How to thesis statement, Write an Appeal Letter That Works. Note that I specifically mention German embassy in homework application the example below because we have first-hand experience writing an appeal with them. But the tips and techniques mentioned can be used to appeal in other European embassies as well. First, let’s start with the minimum requirements. The German embassy specifically asked you to include the following in your appeal letter. Failure to include one or more of description of a birthday in an, these makes your appeal useless and homework application they will not process it. Other Cultures Essays? So make sure you include all of application, these information in party essay your appeal letter: 1. Your personal details . Application? Your name, first name, date of birth, place of birth, and in an the number of your passport. 2. The date your application was rejected.

You can get this detail in homework the rejection letter you received. Make sure you write the correct date. 3. An Essay Written? You current address . Write your address that contains the street name, house or apartment number, City/ Town/ Village, postal code, 4. Your email address and phone number . They are not required but I suggest you include your email because they can email you immediately if your visa was approved instead of waiting for it in the mail. I also suggest including your phone number in application the appeal letter because they can also choose to call you as well like they did with me and my sister when we appealed our visas. This is name in an essay important specially if you’re in application a rush and you’re traveling in a few days or weeks. 5. Signed by your own hand.

The appeal must be signed by your own hand. A remonstration or appeal by a third party (example your sponsor) can only be accepted and processed if you have given your sponsor a power of attorney, which is submitted with the remonstration. So much extra work so I suggest you just do it on your own. These are the minimum requirements they need to see on your appeal letter to process it. Next, let’s get to the meat of the essays, appeal letter. So what else must you include in the letter?

The following are what I usually include. Homework Application? These are based from my experience of getting my (and my sister’s) visa appeal approved. You are free to include other things of course. But I think you should only include the important things. 6. Write why they should approve your visa application. This is obviously the most important section of your appeal letter. Essay? This is homework where you tell them why it’s unfair that they denied you a visa and tell them why they should give you one.

Your reasons should be connected to the reason(s) why they rejected your Schengen visa. Some of the popular reasons for rejection are: a. “Your intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.” This means that the proof of your rootedness were not enough to convince them that you will not TNT or illegally stay in Europe. What should you do? You need to prove that you will come back to the Philippines or your country. If you are an employee then write in your appeal letter that you have a job, how long you’ve been working in that job, how much you’re earning and that your boss allowed you and signed an official Leave of Absence.

If you are a business owner then write in your appeal letter that you own a business, how long have you been running it, how much it is earning and what other official documents you can show to prove that it is a real business. If you are a student then write in your appeal that you are a student, where do you study, how long you’ve been studying in that school or university and what other documents you can show to prove that you are a student. If you own properties (house and lot or apartment), you can also mention it in your appeal because it shows you are really rooted in other poetry the country. If you are a frequent traveller , then mention your travel history. List down the countries you have visited. Application? If you applied for thesis statement other visas before and got approved, mention them. Write in your appeal that you have been approved of other visas, travelled in application these countries and have NOT stayed longer than your visa. Tell them you have no history of overstaying abroad. This shows that you also do NOT plan to stay illegally in college prompts Europe. b. The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable. Homework? This is the other more popular reason to reject your Schengen visa application.

This means that they don’t believe your reasons for visiting. And/or the documents you submitted don’t support your reasons for visiting. This is very vague even to what well written, me because if you’re honest, you’re obviously just going to Germany or Europe to travel and/or visit friends/family. Homework? DUH. What should you do? If you were denied a visa because of this reason, you need to show more proof to college essays prompts, back-up your claims of traveling to Germany/Europe. You need to write in your appeal your reasons for visiting (visit Germany/Europe or visit family/friends). Homework Application? You need to what written, write a more detailed itinerary and include all your flight reservation, hotel reservation and tour package details if you’re joining a tour group. Application? Show that you have paid for travel insurance.

Write why you wanted to visit Europe. The more personal, the name in an essay, better. But it should support WHY you wanna travel to Europe. You can also mention here your travel history and application other travel visas. If you are visiting family, mention this as well and attach corresponding brith certificate as proof of college essays prompts, relationship. 7. Homework Application? Attach all supporting documents . Based from the other cultures, reason(s) of your rejection in #6, attach all supporting documents for your appeal.

Create a file for each supporting document and application include them in your appeal. Make sure that each of your claims in the letter are supported by what makes an essay written a corresponding document. If you claimed you have a US visa then include a US visa in your appeal. If you claimed you own a house and lot, then include the homework, legal property papers to show this etc etc. You get the thesis for pro life, point. 8. Write a short and application concise appeal letter . Remember that the embassy looks at well, hundreds of homework application, applications and appeals everyday. Don’t submit a 10-page appeal letter. Make it easy for them.

Write a short and concise letter. My appeal and my sister’s appeal letters were only one page . It could be two pages of course as long as it includes all important information and not random musings. In An Essay? But short and concise should do it. That’s basically it. Follow the minimum requirements of the application, embassy, write a short and sweet letter why they should give you a visa and attach all supporting documents. Description Birthday Party? Then submit it. Format of an Appeal Letter for Denied Schengen Visa. I like to follow a standard format when writing an appeal letter. Application? Here is what it should be like:

To whom it may concern, Your name, address and details of when your visa was rejected (this covers points #1-3 in the above requirements) Write why they should approve your Schengen visa (this covers point #6). This is the longest part of your email as it should explain in detail your arguments as to why it is unfair that you were denied. Deductive Statement? That you submitted everything and that you are not going to overstay. End the application, appeal with the essay, date of your planned trip to application, create a sense of urgency specially if you don’t have much time left to wait. Hand signature (point #5) Your email (point #4) Your mobile number (point #4) Tips for Submitting An Appeal Letter for Rejected Schengen Visa. So now you’ve finished writing your appeal letter.

Here are other tips for an effective appeal letter. 1. Copy read your letter. Make it clear, short and citing a poem name sweet. No grammatical errors if possible. Let another person read it and edit it for you just to make sure everything is in homework application order. 2. Write your email and phone number in college the appeal letter. This was they can call or email you immediately for updates. 3. Do not include random things in the letter. Focus on why you were rejected and what proofs you have against homework application, it.

You can’t just beg for deductive thesis statement a visa. You have to homework application, show them you deserve one because of facts with supporting documents. Write with confidence. You know you are not planning anything illegal. Your letter should communicate this. 4. Statement For Pro? On the subject line of the email write URGENT and the date of homework, your flight. This way they can see that they need to citing name essay, act on your appeal asap. Remember, the embassy receives a lot of application, emails everyday. Make your appeal stand out. 5. I think the best time to send the email is around 10:30 or 11AM so your email will stay on top.

If you email it at night or too early in birthday party in an the morning, it might be buried by other emails once the homework, person who checks it opens the email. So email around 10:30 or 11 AM. Need Help Writing an Appeal Letter for Denied Schengen Visa? If you need help on how to write an appeal letter and how to appeal, I can help you write a customized appeal letter based on what makes written, your visa application situation and why the application, embassy rejected your application. Citing A Poem Name In An? There are 9 reasons why an embassy will deny your Schengen visa application and each reason of denial needs different proof when you appeal.

Just order the homework, service below and practice college I will send you the application, Appeal Letter Questionnaire via email after ordering. Thesis Statement? I will ask you a few important questions regarding your visa application before I start writing your customized appeal letter. This service also comes with FREE visa consultation so you can ask me anything about application your Schengen visa application during this process. Do you have other questions? Have you written an appeal letter in another way and got approved? Let me know in the comments below!

Next on the blog: Sample Actual Appeal Letter we sent the of a birthday in an essay, embassy. Sign up below to be updated about Schengen visa application. Join the homework application, conversation Cancel reply. heloo my visa is refused from czech embessy but my friends got visa approved..my visa refused becouse of interview.. i can not explain my travel plans in interview so thats why they refused my visa and deductive thesis statement refusal reson is homework “justification for the purpose and condition of the intended stay was not provided” so now i want appeal to czech embessy against my visa decision..so how can i appeal…online of in embessy..and what is the procedure..our departure date are after 2 weeks so i have less time so how can i appeal to embessy. not familiar with czech visa. check the embassy website. I think it’s best to re-apply. My visa for college prompts portugal was refused from india reasons. 1.Your intention to leave the territory of the Member State before the homework application, expiry of visa could not be ascertained. 2. The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and what well written conditions of intended stay was not reliable. Me and my daughter was visiting my sister and homework brother in law in Portugal as she had twins recently we attached all doc’s even letter from solicitor from Portugal. my husband business is in india .I would like to appeal can I do by name in an email .how long it will take to consider. is it worth .please help.

Check the application, portuguese embassy website for appeal process. I applied for other cultures a visit visa to attend a summer school in application Germany. Description Of A Essay? It got approved. However, my wife applied for a tourist visa and homework application it was rejected. It included the same ticket, hotel and insurance document as mine. Even a cover letter from summer school host stating tourism as reason. We filed an appeal 10 days back, including a letter from practice college essays, her employer and stating previous international travel. We are hopeful to homework application, get the appeal approved. I was just curious which number do they call from about the decision (if any)? Do they call from Germany or from a local number in my country? Also.

My trip is deductive thesis sponsored for one week but we applied for 18 days visa for sightseeing. I showed approx 4000 euros along with salary slips and homework application all. Deductive Thesis Statement? Same bank statement was attached with wife’s application. Is that enough funds? Reason for rejection was only that information was not credible. No other point marked.

Awaiting your views. Appeal her application. Hello, please I was recently refused a French visa and I was wondering if there is a window before I can reapply or I shld just appeal the decision. I was refused on homework, the basis of intention to leave the schengen state before the citing a poem in an, expiry of my visa could not be ascertained. I have been previously issued a schengen visa but I am short on time and I knw a new application will be faster. Just re-apply coz French embassy is complicated. Hello, I was recently refused a French visa, for application the reason that my intention to college essays, leave the homework application, schengen state before the expiry of my visa could not be ascertained. I want to file an appeal with the embassy and also reapply through another country.

I’m doing this because of the information that French embassy appeal takes too long. Citing A Poem In An? Please do you think this is a wise decision, applying through another country and appealing my previously refused visa at the same time ? You can’t do both. Just re-apply in application another embassy. Hello. Thesis? I hope everything is going great with you. Is it really necessary to submit the documents again with the appeal letter? Like the work contract and certificate leave of absence? They have denied me for that and I have submitted them my contract and when shall I go back to work…. please help. Will the homework application, appeal letter alone works?

I don’t know what else I should attach when I have given them all my documents. If its pertinent to the appeal, YES. I applied for the Schengen visa in the Swedish Embassy of Pakistan through their visa application receiving center at Gerry’s. I applied for cultures essays the Tourist visa for 08 days.I provided all the application, required documents plus my Income tax returns,Family Registration Certificate,bank statement,credit cards,past travelling history of 20 years,french visit visa copy from Dubai. I thought would be more than enough to deductive statement, support my application.

Unfortunately i received my passport back after 2 weeks with papers that my visa is refused due to these reasons #2,8 and 9. I am very much disappointed. Please suggest what should i do, (to appeal or not ) Maybe re-apply in another embassy. I want to visa refused information. it’s all there just read. Hi dj . my tourist visa for sweden got rejected for insufficient bank balance, but I have enough balance that time. So I have email them as an appeal with all correct doucment as an application, prove.Do I need to visit embassy or email is cultures enough.. check the embassy website for procedure. Hi DJ Yabis my visa for France has been refused want to re-appeal can you share how can i re-appeal what things i have to send that my visa got approved and please share email id of France Embassy.

Rejection Reasons are. 1. Your intention to leave the territory of the homework, Member State before the deductive statement, expiry of visa could not be ascertained. 2. The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of homework, intended stay was not reliable. please help me out. please read the series of post i wrote about visa rejection. What Makes An Essay Written? links are in the post. if you need help writing the appeal, just order and ill email you. i am not clueless what to do..Let this GENEROUS 7 DAYS APPEAL PERIOD pass and then apply again with supporting documents (a letter by application that international school stating all dues have been paid for poetry the next session and my kids are supposed to join school soon). And I write a letter to homework, them along with my CV and travel history. I have 2 informal job offers here but I am in the middle of other cultures, getting my licence to work in my field. I have the official letters and evaluation of my degrees issued by the local govt.

Should I send those too, in order to prove, I will come back to get my licence and start a job? but the homework application, flight is today. Even if I get all these documents ready today, they will still refuse my visa, saying, the deductive statement, flight date has passed..should I book new tickets and hotels and attach the evidence with my appeal?Or they wont consider it once the original flight date has passed? it’s too late already. you need to prove you have a job or a job offer to homework, come back to. My husband, our 2 kids (3 and 5 years old) and I, applied for what makes an essay Schengen Visa 6 weeks ago through Austrian Embassy in Jordan.. Now just a day before our flight, only homework application me and my kids got the prompts, rejection letter.

Husband’s visa is most probably approved, as he has a valid US visa stamped on his passport. I have not been working since my kids were born. I am extremely upset with the embassy as they only gave us 7 days to appeal, and that too just before our flight day. Does a housewife have no rights to visit Europe anymore? Now I am confused what to do next. My flight itinerary will be useless in a few hours. I got the homework, letter just yesterday. I have 7 days to appeal, 6 of of a birthday party in an essay, them will fall after the flight date. Is this a joke or what?

First they took so long to refuse the visa. Homework? Now they are kidding me and asking me to appeal just a few hours before my flight. The visa officer removed the other essays, letter from our applications, that my husband wrote, declaring we are his dependents, and homework application he would support us financially during the trip. The visa officer only makes well written attached one copy of homework application, that letter to my husband’s application, saying, you are dependents so your applications will be considered as one. For Pro? He also removed our property documents saying, property in home country is irrelevant, as you are applying through Embassy in Jordan. My kids are too young but they go to application, a very reputable International school.

I should have included the citing a poem in an essay, proof of schooling with their application. I did’t, because I thought they are too young to be refused a visa if their father gets one..I have traveled to Singapore, Malaysia and Dubai for a dozen times. I have been living abroad for almost four years. Never ever breached any law, let alone overstay. I am just astonished why being a housewife is such a big issue when it comes to Schengen Visa authorities. in other words, a Stay-at-home-mom has no credibility in the eyes of those so-called developed nations. I sacrificed my career for homework application my children because I didnt want to leave them alone with the maids in statement a new country. Homework? I really found his refusal letter to be extremely offensive after all. Sorry to hear about this. What Makes An Essay? yes it sucks to be unemployed when applying for a visa.

I hope you get to sort this out! I got my visa refusal letter with reason as ‘your intention to homework, leave the a poem essay, territory of the member states before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained’ I have provided my company approved leave letter but still have got my visa denied. I read about the format..can the letter be sent via email? Or should it be given via person? This visa was for Switzerland.

check swiss embassy website. did you submit your ITR and homework COE too? i applied 4 times schenen visa and got refusal 4 time in well written a year now i want to apply study visa in schengen zone again. what you think it will be done or not? you need to be accepted by a university in europe first before you can apply for a student visa. Hi dj my France visa has denied , I have lots of homework application, documents funds attached the visa file . What Makes Well Written? Pls tell me I am appeal or reapply the visa .. re-apply because appeal with French embassy takes long. We applied for Czech Republic Shenzhen visa but it was refused today for reasons n 8. We applied for homework tourist visa and to citing essay, visit friend . We provide invitations letter from friends and salary letters of homework, my husband . We are from Africa but lived in united arab emirats since 10 years . Citing A Poem In An? Our friends was by husband Colleague . We want to visit him with our 2 daughters . did you submit all the requirements?

My friend has been refused visa by the French embassy in India twice and on both occasions the reason has been the same- “The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the application, intended stay are not reliable.” We don’t understand what they mean by this because he has submitted all the required documents, confirmed tickets, itinerary, etc. 3 others who are travelling on the same trip have got their visas on the basis of the same papers, except him. the others are employed, whereas he is self-employed and has submitted all his business account details and ITRs. And has no reason besides tourism to go to Europe for 2 weeks. Can anyone suggest what we could do?

We are considering sending an email to the embassy as we don’t have time for an appeal. travel dates are 15th July. Also the itinerary is thesis 3 days Amsterdam, 5 days France and homework 7 days Croatia. Would it be wise to apply through Netherlands now? or can anyone help with an college prompts, email address where we can definitely expect a response. I hope you were able to homework, sort this out? I just wanna know that is appeal really work? Or just a waste of other poetry essays, time? Or I should re apply it.. But I have strong documents for appealing.

If you think you have strong documents then appeal but only if the appeal process can be fast. If it’s 2 months or more then re-apply and maybe to application, another embassy. Thank you very much for your reply.My appeal has been approved. That’s great to practice college essays, hear! Enjoy your travels. Hi Anva, just want to know which Embassy you applied for application the visa? And how long it took you for the appeal to be granted?

Hi Dj. I applied my schengen visa last month and after 2weeks got the result but not a happy result coz my visa was refused. It was really made me disappointed coz I was expecting that soon I could fly to Switzerland and visit my bf. The embassy sent me a papers to make appeal. Can I make appeal personally going to Swiss embassy with my bf coz he is of a party in an essay my sponsor. Do we have any chance to get approved this time? And do I still need an appointment? Thank you. Depends on your situation. I don’t really know what you submitted or not to tell you your chances. Hello, I used your format to appeal for homework my refused schengen visa from cultures essays, Africa, and it was approved in homework less than 24hours!

Thank u and please keep up the good work! Just got an email from the Danish Immigration Service stating that they have received my appeal against my tourist schengen visa refusal. They have told me that my appeal is now pending and their processing time is a maximum of 12months. The dates I planned on practice essays, visiting Denmark have already passed and am wondering if it would be wise to cancel my appeal and reapply again. The reason for my visa denial was my intention to leave the territory of the member states could not be accertained and yet In my application I attached my university admission letter, school ID, transcripts just to show my rootedness to my country. Kindly advice me on the way forward sir, Your positive response will be highly appreciated. Can I only appeal in French language? Is English language allowed?

follow the instructions on the embassy website. Hi we have applied for france visa. We were 2 couples and we’re going for the purpose of honeymoon.. But unfortunately it got rejected for one of the couples. With above two reasons you mentioned.. 1. MY INTENTIONS. 2. STAY WAS NOT RELIABLE.

So now when we have submitted the homework, same documents. Than how come only one couple got the visa.

Pay for Essay and Get the Best Paper You Need -
The 12 best apps for students: studying, productivity, and homework

campo essay It is not unusual, after I've given a poetry reading, for some impossibly young writer from the audience to remark over the post-literary pretzels and Diet Coke, Wow, your stuff is really depressing. One especially unkind reviewer of my books proclaimedin a similar but perhaps more impatiently dire veinBad things happen in Rafael Campo's poems. Coming from a fellow poetand none of us are generally associated with boundless joy, or even middling cheerfulnesshis indictment seemed inordinately cruel. Even my devoted spouse counsels me, after reading my latest villanelle about botulism or ode to application schizophrenia, Honey, maybe you should think about lightening things up a bit. Deductive? Try as I might to take all of this concern to heart, to see butterflies or snowflakes or flowers as more suitable, or at least less foreboding, objects of literary address, I keep finding myself drawn to write about illness. Like anyone, I despise the kind of person who slows down his car at the sight of a roadside accident, craning his neck in the hopes of glimpsing some awful carnage. I hate television shows like House and Gray's Anatomy for making a ludicrous spectacle of homework, illness. I can't stand it when innocent family members solicit advice about their hypertension or cholesterol, because it seems to me there is citing in an, so much in the world that is more interesting to application discuss; I grew impatient even with my endearing grandmother, when she was still alive and would ask me my advice about her blood sugar.

When I feel I'm about to fall ill myself from citing a poem in an such constant noxious exposures, I dig out my well-worn copy of Susan Sontag's scathingly sober Illness as Metaphor . My point is application, that illness is not a metaphor, and the most truthful way of regarding illnessand the healthiest way of statement, being illis the one most purified of, most resistant to, metaphoric thinking, Sontag says, and I think Take that , Sharon Olds! The romantic view is that illness exacerbates consciousness, she goes on to say, and homework application I crow, Take that , Franz Wright! What a relief it is to understand illness for statement, what it really ismatter-of-fact pathophysiology; a boring, unpleasant and decidedly non-revelatory experience. Illness is a problem for the human imagination only insomuch as we might seek dispassionately scientific methods to homework cure it while we avoid the inevitably destructive pressures it exerts on our fragile psyches. Of course, the next morning always comes and description birthday essay I find myself in my clinic again, the exam room speaking aloud in all of homework application, its blatant metaphorsthe huge clock above where my patients sit implacably measuring lifetimes; the other poetry essays, space itself narrow and compressed as a sonnetand immediately I'm back to thinking about writing. Homework Application? Soon enough, my patients start to arrive, and the way they want me to understand what they are feeling only citing a poem in an essay immerses me more deeply in homework application language's compelling alchemy: The pain is like a cold, bitter wind blowing through my womb, murmurs a young infertile woman from Guatemala with what I have diagnosed much less eloquently as chronic pelvic pain. Please, doctor, can you heal me?

I regard her from across the desk, and feel grateful for the computer terminal more immediately in front of description birthday essay, me, which allows me to homework application type a little medical jargon into my note before having to actually speak to her. Send her for of a birthday, an exploratory laparoscopy, growls Susan Sontag in application the back of my mind, but she's already had that procedure, along with several ultrasounds and pap smears, innumerable blood and urine tests, a hysterosalpingogram, a colonoscopy, and a trial (ironically) of statement for pro life, birth control pills. We have had this conversation before, which I realize is another way of saying we are together part of a narrative, a story. A story in which irony matters, in which understanding metaphormight her pain be a wordless expression of her deep sadness at homework application her inability to prompts have a child, or perhaps the consequence of some trauma she has not disclosed? seems to application have some irrefutable value. Now, I am thinking again about writing, but not a prescription for the pain medication she always refuses; instead, I am thinking about writing a poem like Sharon Olds. I am thinking about the metal speculum clattering in the sink while she sobbed softly after I performed her last pap smear, as if it were trying to reiterate something about other cultures poetry coldness and bitterness, or what we hear and can't hear, or pain and abjection. Perhaps something about this young woman reminds me of my grandmother, herself an homework, incurableand incurably hopefulimmigrant, which only amplifies my narrative impulse.

After all, it was my grandmother who first inspired in me a love of in an, stories. Her words were all she could give me of our homeland, Cuba, that exotic and application forbidden place, her own unspeakably painful void. My grandmother was afflicted with what seemed an unfair burden of college essays, illnesses. Her treatments for her ailments seemed just as varied as the ailments themselves, from the pills she dutifully swallowed each morningsome prescribed to her by doctors, some dispensed out of homework application, her friends' personal hoardsto the prayers she recited before her own tiny shrine to the Virgin Mary; from the magical, strange-smelling potajes she brewed with roots and cultures herbs that can't be found in American supermarkets, to the sheer will to endure that seemed manifest in her meticulously kept apartment and her constant humming to herself of old Cuban songs. Some of her illnesses were familiar ones, like diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis; others were conditions that were utterly untranslatable from Spanish to homework application English, like the terrible patatú , some kind of debilitating nervous attack, or the more insidious but equally awful retortero , which could afflict her for practice college, weeks, or even months. Through her experiences, I saw firsthand just how indistinct could be the boundary between the homework application, tersely biomedical and thesis statement life essay the wildly superstitious: she took gold for her painful joints that the rheumatologist prescribed, the homework, same doctor who ridiculed her use of traditional Cuban remedies. Description Of A Party? As an impressionable child, I marveled at the idea of this precious metal somehow gilding my grandmother from within, protecting her joints from damage by the power of our wonder at it. Decades later, when she finally died of homework application, kidney failure induced by the toxicity of what proved to be a worthless treatment for her, I learned the meaning of irony for deductive statement, the first time. Application? If her rheumatologist in his starched white coat could have been so wrong about one form of treatment, maybe he was just as mistaken about the mystical powers of what was prescribed by the curanderos , whom he regarded as ignorant savages. Maybe Sontag's premise that illness is mere pathophysiology, to be explicated only biomedically, is not an entirely correct notion either; perhaps illness is practice, a kind of homework application, muse, luring us to acts of the imagination and gestures of language that have positive effects on our hearts and minds.

Song delighted my grandmother, and prayer consoled her; her joints seemed to move freely again when she danced a merengue, or when she knelt her large form before la virgencita . No wonder I have come to believe in the power of the imagination if not to cure, then to heal. Yet still I resist the practice prompts, urge to write. I scold myself for my prurience. I fret about whether I might be too glib or too sentimental. I agonize over my stake in the telling.

Illness may be a muse, but it is a particularly vexing one. Homework Application? I suppose at the root of any act of narrative lies some inchoate desire to bear witness, to college essays say I was there, to join with others in a signal experience. When that signal experience is illness, this empathetic impulse seems all the more overpowering, as if some deep survival instinct were triggered, as if we might share in the discovery of some profound knowledge we need to live. If the sensational can thus give way to wisdomeven as we are shocked, we are at homework the same time comfortedso too can sentiment be supplanted by genuine emotion. Practice College? Surely we must feel moved by the plight of illness, lest we fall into application, one of the very traps of specious narrative that Sontag bemoanswhen illness strikes, it is not because we are guilty or deserve it, and our defenselessness stirs in us the compassion we feel for the innocent, the underdog, the fighter. How much I want to thesis statement for pro essay help my Guatemalan patient; how acutely did I wish I could alleviate my grandmother's pain! When I write about them now, I recall the joke in my heavily seasoned Latino-Italian family that if you're not screaming or crying when you say something then you don't really mean it, so I must defeat my inborn tendency to homework application exaggerate or to description party in an pity, but still I must write, in order to restore, to make sense, to heal. And to be restored and healed myselfyes, I must also admit my complicity in these stories, that I cannot subtract myself completely from them. Sometimes I discover that I'm really writing about myself, my own arrogance or vulnerability or alienation, and I wonder if what feels like selfishness is at the same time an expression of the familiar wish to identify with another person, to application affirm that I'm no different, that I'm equally as flawed and conflicted and description of a in an needy as any of us is. Homework? Illness is, after all, one of the few truly universal human experiences; to write in response to it necessarily demands active participation, not the kind of cultures poetry essays, objective, soulless distancing so many doctors practice, and teach their trainees to practice. To write about illness, to heed this terrible muse, is to reject distancing and to homework application embrace empathy, for which there is no reward or claim on greatness other than perhaps the perverse joy of recognizing oneself as susceptible to deductive thesis statement the same foibles and neuroses.

To write explicitly about one's own illnesses risks an application, even worse self-indulgencebunion surgery and hemorrhoids, no matter how distressing to the otherwise healthy poet, simply cannot make for scintillating verse. On the other hand, to write about another's suffering can seem entirely presumptuous, as if it were somehow possible to re-create on the expanse of the clean, neat white page the deductive thesis, image an anorexic teenager sees of herself in her bathroom mirror that leads her to induce vomitingor worse, that somehow, in the earnest imaginative quest for that universal balm that heals, anorexia becomes indistinguishable from homework application anemia, AIDS and ALS and AML interchangeable. While it's true that the screams of pain coming from the room in citing a poem name essay the ER where a woman is losing her baby are no more or less heart-wrenching than those from the woman in the next room who is withdrawing from homework application heroin, the specific details of each story must matter just as much as the ultimately indescribable agony they share. We do not know our own souls, let alone the souls of others, declared Virginia Woolf, in her indelibly humane essay On Being Ill; though she brilliantly defended the notion of illness as a motive for thesis for pro life, writing, she too was forced to consider our myriad limitations as our own bodies' reporters. Yet we must rely on these faulty accounts, perhaps taking additional solace in their imperfections, because to do without them would be injurious to the soul, and to not forgive them would leave us utterly hopeless.

The true cynic who exceeds Sontag in her disdain for homework application, our silly superstitions and an essay inane hopes will complain that, regardless of who gets to tell the story of illness, the patient still feels like crap and wants to homework be either cured or healed, whichever will bring relief soonest and, in these days of limited resources, for the cheapest price. Meaning for him equals results, plain and simple. Birthday Party? Illness isn't a fanciful narrative to him, nor is it the homework, intellectual intrigue of biology gone awry. It is merely some skilled technician's job to fix before moving on to the an essay well, next illness, a transaction about which no one need care, an homework application, occasion for money to change hands for services rendered as efficiently as possible. Stendahl and Sontag, Olds and what an essay well written Woolf mean next to homework nothing to himand even less so as the surgeon stands poised to thesis for pro life make his first cut, or as the homework, oncologist starts the chemotherapy drip. He refuses to consider that even in practice essays the immediacy of homework application, some critical therapeutic act, he is hemorrhaging his unspoken words. By summarily stapling shut his figurative wounds, he is deductive, compromising his best chance at survival by denying himself access to all the possible modalities by which the physician might intervene. His is an homework application, expression, perhaps, of the same overconfidence in the scientific model of practice essays, illness that Sontag glorified.

While Sontag was right to application denounce the negative metaphors we concoct out of the practice college prompts, same ingredients my grandmother used in her more humane and optimistic responses to her illnessesthanks to Sontag, as well as to other writers she might have disparaged, like Sharon Olds and Franz Wright (or Mark Doty and Lucia Perillo, or Marilyn Hacker and Audre Lorde, or Alicia Ostriker and Adrienne Rich), we simply can no longer view illnesses like cancer and AIDS as being caused by our fears and our anxietieswe just as adamantly must reject a conception of illness that relies entirely on biomedical definitions. I am reminded of application, one of other cultures essays, my residents, who was called to run a code on application, a patient of well, hers in the hospital just as she was about to leave for the day and enjoy some time with her young family at home. She had followed all the biomedical protocols and homework algorithms perfectly, barking orders to life essay the nurses and interns with all the confidence she could muster; however, like most end-of-life interventions in the hospital, this one too proved futile, and the patient died. It was only weeks later, when she had the chance to write about the experience (in a poem she created for a reflective writing group that is now part of the residency curriculum in application our hospital) did she feel she could do justice to the entire experience, aspects of which she purposefully had shut out at the bedside in the perceived acuity of the situation. Perhaps most salient of all that she had sacrificed to the biomedical exigencies of the moment was the tuning out of the family who were present in the room; she wished she hadn't ignored them, but instead had allowed them to description of a essay stop her before a full thirty minutes had passed, when it was already amply clear to them that their mother was dead. It is application, precisely situations like these that have so long been cited by medical educators as a primary reason for teaching distancing to medical trainees: to be able to function in an emergency, one cannot regard that patient as a whole person, but rather must focus on the malignant arrhythmia or the practice essays, life-threatening electrolyte imbalance in order to homework implement the appropriate technologies and in turn save life at all cost.

Narrative has no place here, many would argue; we must not be distracted by the color of her nail polish, or that the slack blood pressure cuff hung down around her wrist like some horrible bracelet, or the wails of her children, all details my resident had absorbed in spite of her conscious effort not to register them. Yet, if we begin to deductive thesis statement enlarge the application, context, as narrative asks that we do, if we start to practice college essays consider that our actions have impact on others who have their own relationship with the person we see exclusively as a patient (and not as a mother, as her children do; not as a suffering soul, as the chaplain does), we might act differently. We might move to comfort the application, patient and to college essays prompts protect her dignity in her last minutes on homework, earth; we might seek to console her children as they face a tremendous loss; we might pray together with the chaplain in the hopes that she not die without the last rites that are soul-saving in other cultures poetry many religious traditions. Application? Whether storytelling has a place here is worth considering very deeply; it certainly proved indispensable after the what makes an essay written, fact, and the poem written by the resident, who failed to resuscitate her patient in the hospital, perhaps has done her an even greater service, by immortalizing her. None of us lives forever. Homework? Many of us might have our lives prolonged by biomedical interventions whose financial costs are exorbitant; too infrequently do we question the toll they also exact on description essay, our humanity.

The fantasies about what causes illness that Sontag railed against (cancer results from repressed anger, AIDS is a punishment from application God) have been replaced by even more deluded fantasies that science somehow can prevent death. The only way we can defy our own mortality is through acts of the imagination, by creating the stories and sculptures and paintings and poems that will outlast us, but that will always be animated by our will to have created them. Even our greatest scientific discoveries can be understood in this way: they are not truly ends in themselves, by which we can ever hope to explicate away our suffering, but are rather part of the same process of dreaming and desiring, wishing and a poem name essay wondering. When I visited my grandmother in the hospital in the last weeks before she died, I cried for a while into homework application, her shoulder. But by then I was a young doctor, so soon I headed for the nurses' station and pored over her hospital chart while she lay propped up in her bed, the glass and metal ICU like the internal workings of some incomprehensible machine designed for time travel. Countless hours and citing name hundreds of thousands of dollars had gone into the attempt to application transform me from a long-term financial burden on my parents to a poem in an essay someone with a respectable, moneymaking career. She was in homework heart failure despite being on dialysis, and I tried desperately to understand her fluid imbalances. A Poem In An Essay? Her I's and O's were dutifully tabulated, in a sequence that suggested a code whose rules I might decipher. In my exasperation, I looked up from the record of her gradual demise, and caught a glimpse of her as she fingered her rosary, praying to homework herself with a peaceful smile on her face, taking her own measure of what makes well written, her receding life.

When I write about her now, all the data that seemed so important then have faded to insignificancebut it is application, that one cherished detail in my memory, this one little story, that always makes her come alive to cultures essays me again.

inserted by FC2 system